“Checklist the Docs” at Write the Docs Europe 2016
Presented on September 20, 2016 at Write the Docs North America 2016
Daniel Beck - Checklist the Docs by Kay Smoljak/Write the Docs licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0
I gave a talk on using checklists in your documentation workflow at the Write the Docs Europe held in Prague, Czech Republic in September 2016. If you attended the talk, I hope you enjoyed it!
Here are some of the things I mentioned in my talk:
Want a reading list? I’ve got you covered.
If you’re desperate to revisit my slides, then you can download a PDF.
- Boeing Model 299 cockpit, United States Air Force, public domain
- First flight, 120 feet in 12 seconds, 10:35 a.m.; Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, Orville Wright and John T. Daniels, public domain
- Keystone B-5A, United States Air Force, public domain
- Four Engine Bomber, United States Air Force, public domain
- Boeing XB-17, United States Air Force, public domain
- Swiss cheese model of accident causation, Davidmack, CC-BY-SA 3.0
- Cowling and control rods are added to motors for North American B-25 bombers as they move down the assembly line, North American, Inc., Inglewood, Calif., Office of War Information, public domain
- Jet Roars Over Bicycle Path Near Washington’s Nation Airport. Noise-decibel Level From Aircraft At This Altitude Can Cause Permanent Ear Damage, Environmental Protection Agency, public domain
- The Cockpit Voice Recorder, National Transportation Safety Board, public domain
Apollo 12 Lunar Surface Procedures Lunar Module Pilot Cuff Checklist, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, public domain
Note: The Apollo 12 checklists contain some not-so code-of-conduct friendly nude photographs of women because apparently a bunch of 1950s and ’60s test pilots were sexist sleaze balls. Who would’ve guessed?
- The General Problem, xkcd, CC BY-NC 2.5